Indivision ECS v2 funny colors...(fixed but could be useful) to others.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi everyone.....had a issue with my indivsion ECS v2 the other day......fixed it in about 15 minutes but thought I would post it on here just in case it might help someone.

Ok moved my A600 furia into another room to play games......Connon fodder ^^....when i plugged in the VGA cable...I got funny screen colors.....Clearly one of the RGB colors was missing 8| so checked all the hardware connections.....on my A603n etc...still the same....tried my other monitor...still the same...used the "rescue disk2 in my Geotec...reset the Indivsion back to default......still the same........now i have a xbox classic with winuaeX that had the same issues a while back.....then i remembered the RGB cable on the xbox was loose with this in mind I picked up the end of the VGA cable.....the screen colors flickered from Faulty to Normal......so i found out the VGA connector was loosed or had been upset by me moving the A600.

All i did was press the flat cable in slightly(gently though) and haven't had any problems since......:):)   

Now i need to mount the vga connector somewhere permanently.....(any idea where..?)

my boot screen.....and connector........  

A600 Furia with 020/33 9.5 meg fast...32gb SD...Pi1 Dfo: Geotec DF1:....A604n...Indivision V2...RTC....Prisma card Wirless Keyboard

A500 rev6a project

Xbox Classic with WinUAEX

Rasberry PI3/Amibian

Dell Laptop Winuae

• In my A600, I mounted a Furia accelerator, a CF card adapter, an A604n, an RTC, and an Indivision ECS in it, and also managed to secure the vga connector on the backplate of the A600 where the RF module is (it fits just perfectly), but you will need obviously to desolder and remove the RF. If you are still using that piece of equipment, really my hats off to you ;-)

If you need a pic of the inside and back of my setup, i'll be happy to post.

• Thanks for the reply.....I thought of that but my A600 Furia is too precious for me to attempt to de-solder the RF modulator......wouls be nice to see a picture of yours.

Thanks

Mark

A600 Furia with 020/33 9.5 meg fast...32gb SD...Pi1 Dfo: Geotec DF1:....A604n...Indivision V2...RTC....Prisma card Wirless Keyboard

A500 rev6a project

Rasberry PI3/Amibian

Dell Laptop Winuae

• Yep, totally agree with KKR75, no RF module, 3D print to hold VGA (you can find it on thingverse). Nearly the same config (except my CF is with another adapter so it's over the PCMCIA port and I have a Rapidroad for USB and a Gotek (No floppy drive)

• Very nice.....dont think i will be brave enough to remove my modulator.....btw do you have any problems booting with os3.1.4...? with mine i have to boot into the early startup menu and disable CC0(pmica) and cpu cashe.......i Heard that the os3.1.4 expansion.library chokes the furia on startup.....so burnt a Custom Rom with os3.1 expansion.library and the Furia boots like normal....!

A500 rev6a project

Rasberry PI3/Amibian

Dell Laptop Winuae

• If you don't have the good tools, don't do it :-). RF modulators can be really tricky to remove and you can make damages if you do it badly. So, if you can, give the job to a professional.

No problem to boot with 3.1.4 and Furia (Sandisk 8 Go CF, burn the EPROM by myself from the official archive bought at Hyperion). Also my A600 is recapped.

• I have no problems with booting on my self-burned 3.1.4 EPROM. The Furia acts normal and all works wonderfully. The only rather small issue I have is that the PCMCIA slot sometimes takes very long to recognize a CF card FAT95 formatted, and it only recognizes one specific card. The other CF cards I have are not recognized.

I also completely self recapped the A600, because 2 of the electrolytic capacitors near the RF modules leaked, causing nasty corrosion around the area. It was so bad that the transistor that gives the red signal to the monitor fell out, so I had to take much time cleaning the whole thing out, and replace everything.

I had acquired recently this A600 through a private transaction in France, obviously the first owner didn't know much about this stuff.

• Arggghhhh, I'm French and I bought a GB A600 (so with a QWERTY keyboard ... well not a big problem)

For CF, I test few brands, and I only use Sandisk (seems that Transcend works also).

I'm using a generic (From Amazon), CF PCMCIA adapter.

So, what's the brand of you CF ? If you can, by some Sandisk (I'm using 8 Go). I know (from Furia developer) that some CF are very slow to start and it can be an issue (Internal or external usage)

• Ok it seems this issue with the VGA cable has returned.....and its worse....the cable has not been moved for a few weeks and is out the way at the back of my A600......I see that Amikit sell replacement cables for the Indivison are the cables the same as the mk1 ?

Or can i buy one from you.....?

Thank you

A500 rev6a project

Rasberry PI3/Amibian

Dell Laptop Winuae

Edited once, last by MarkSealey ().

• Thank you for the reply.....I see Amikit here in the uk sell replacement cables for the indivison ecs......so may buy a few.....are the pinout the same as the mk1 and mk2...?

thank you

A500 rev6a project

Rasberry PI3/Amibian

Dell Laptop Winuae

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.