Chameleon Speedloader?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi All,

This is a usage question. I often do a LOAD"*",8,1/RUN when I mounted multiple disk images. This loading however takes forever. The speaker zooms as if the drive is spinning, the red led burns but it is so slow.... I know physical floppy's are slow but with Chameleon I think there is no need for that.

Has the CH2 an integrated speedloader? ( think JiffyDOS). If not which speed loader is best and how to configure it? Thanks

• A retroreplay cartridge image is preinstalled in slot 1 (PAL) and slot 2 (NTSC), you can use that (press 1 or 2 in the menu). You can also install/load a jiffydos kernal and drive ROM if you like, but you have to provide the images yourself (see manual).

• A retroreplay cartridge image is preinstalled in slot 1 (PAL) and slot 2 (NTSC), you can use that (press 1 or 2 in the menu). You can also install/load a jiffydos kernal and drive ROM if you like, but you have to provide the images yourself (see manual).

Tobias, could you give a quick sentence on where I shall put the jdos kernal and drive rom on the SD card and what to call them so that I can set my TC to enable loading of rom at boot ?

• In the manual, see 6.1 "Boot Loader" on where to put them and how to name them for loading at powerup, or 3.1 "Update using update.prg" on how to flash them permanently.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.