ACA500Plus + A500 Rev 5 E5 Error

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.
  • Hello Jens,

I've had the ACA500Plus for about two weeks now and have had a wonderful experience with it up until a couple of days ago. I'm experiencing the exact same E5 error as described on post ACA500+ stopped working (E5)

I was simply working with my files using the stock 3.1 WB that came with the ACA when the screen suddenly went black, and the power indicator on my A500 flashed a couple of times and then went totally out. When I did a soft reset the ACA came up with the E5 error and I got the same green grid on a black background on my monitor. When I did a complete power down/up I received the same error/screen. This went on several times.

When I removed the ACA the system booted up fine with my old WB 1.3 floppy and I've been able to boot up that way since. I have a non-modified A500 with a rev 5 motherboard and a Supra Card 512k trapdoor memory expansion (I tried removing that and the re-installed the ACA but unfortunately the E5 error came back). I cleaned the contacts on the A500 and the ACA with no luck. By the way, I have your RTC module installed on the ACA and I tried booting with it installed and not installed. I've never installed the ACA upside down either.

What is a E5 error and what do I need to do to get it fixed? I really got to love the ACA500Plus in the short time that I had it working and would really love to get it back. My order number is 55937

Thanks for all you do!

• I've never installed the ACA upside down either.

If that's the case, we'll be able to verify that on the "resistors of shame" - if they are fine, you're not at fault. Just send the card, and please include a short letter, so my employees know what to do with the card.

• Thanks Jens.

I'll get it in the mail next week.

I just realized that I discarded the original shipping box with your address on it. I've never sent anything out of the USA and I'm not sure how to format your address.

Your about page has the following.. I assume that I would just add "Germany" as the country?

individual computer Jens Schönfeld GmbH
    In the Zemmer 6
    52152 Simmerath

• Shipping from the US means that you need to pass through customs. Please have all paperwork accessible from the outside in one of these stick-on-transparent-envelopes:

- copy of the original invoice

- declaratiion of actual value

- declaration of "return goods"

If this documentation is not accessibly without opening the parcel, it will be held in customs, and I have to take a 45-minute drive (one way!) to the customs office. Please help me avoid that!

• Hi Jens,

I've created the shipping label and finished the required customs forms through the U.S. Postal Service an will be dropping it off tomorrow. They say it should take 6-10 business days for delivery.

I've included a copy of this thread and a copy of the original invoice for your people to review upon receipt. I've also included a copy of the invoice along with the customs documents as you suggested.