Picasso96 also for CyberVisionPPC / BVisionPPC, already build but not fixed ?!

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Dear iComp / Individual Computer,

Hi All I hope that here is right place for this, so:

I ask you why the "3DLabsPermedia2.chip" and CVisionPPC.card that are present on my OS4.1FE can't work under OS 3.x with your Picasso96 system ?

Under OS 3.1.4 I whould like change my graphics system on my A4000 with CyberStormPPC and CyberVisionPPC because with CybergraphX can't work on new intuition library present on OS 3.1.4 and many other ....

Thnkyou very much for your great works and support:thumbup:

• The OS4 drivers are completely different from the classic drivers - there is no way for us to back-port them. With P96 IP making it's way into OS4, it forked, and we've only taken the non-PPC parts of P96 into our portfolio.

• Hello P96 Devs,

Resurrecting this thread as want to confirm that v3 starts supporting blizzard vision card under 3.1.4. Just thinking to buy it and don't want to waste my money if my bvision won't work.

Thank you.

• To my knowledge, BVision is the same as Cybervision, with the only difference being the interface (one is Z3, the other is accelerator-direct). I'll double-check with the developers, but I'm pretty sure that both user the Permedia2 chip and one of our testers used that.

• Thor got back to me, confirming that Cybervision and BVision are essentially the same, and both are supported. However, one drawback: Screen dragging is not possible with these cards, as the hardware just can't do it.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.