ACA500PLUS - Error E2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • My aca500plus is no longer booting - I just get yellow diagonal lines on the screen and the error E2 on the LCD display on the card ;(

Is there a fix for this?

• First thing you should try is to run the Amiga without it - such exception-errors are likely to happen because some part inside the A500 has come loose in it's socket. While many Amigas suffer from a mangled Gary socket due to an expansion that used to be installed in the 1990s, others have a problem on the Agnus socket or the CPU socket due to expansions that may have been installed there previously.

If that works, you can run the ACA500plus in de-brick mode. Switch on, press and hold the DisMo button until you see "0_" blinking in the display, then release the button and make a keyboard reset. If that works, try re-flashing the unit from that state, end de-brick mode with a short press of the DisMo button and make a keyboard reset again.

Jens

• First thing you should try is to run the Amiga without it - such exception-errors are likely to happen because some part inside the A500 has come loose in it's socket. While many Amigas suffer from a mangled Gary socket due to an expansion that used to be installed in the 1990s, others have a problem on the Agnus socket or the CPU socket due to expansions that may have been installed there previously.

If that works, you can run the ACA500plus in de-brick mode. Switch on, press and hold the DisMo button until you see "0_" blinking in the display, then release the button and make a keyboard reset. If that works, try re-flashing the unit from that state, end de-brick mode with a short press of the DisMo button and make a keyboard reset again.

Jens

Thanks Jens - I've tried the Amiga without it and it works perfectly which is a relief!

I will try to run the de-brick mode tonight as you suggest. Are there instructions somewhere on how to re-flash the unit?

Best regards,

Sean

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.