IBM XT core for TC64

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello!

Has anyone tried this xt core the TC64 V1 and V2 at all?

I've been trying to get it to run, but could not get it to work. I have flashed the nececcary .rbf file and have the ROM files but on both the V1 and V2 all I get is a blank screen, nothing. I have both a TC64 v1 and v2 and can confirm that the .rbf file has been flashed OK and is the correct one for each device.

Has anyone had any success with this at all?

ljones

• The PCXT core should give some video output even if ROM loading fails - it has a text-mode splash screen.

I just flashed the version linked above to my TC64V1 to test it, and started the core with no SD card inserted. I see the splash screen appear, then a few seconds later the OSD pops up to tell me that SD reading failed.

I'm wondering if maybe your monitor doesn't like the core's video output? Is the monitor going into power-save mode? If you press the leftmost button on the TC64 does the menu appear?

• That seemed to be it :-) -- the screen I'm using (a dell I forget the model number) which has DVI and VGA inputs seems to be the problem. It just dosen't like the output. Only way I can see something is by a tortuerous route -- using a VGA to HDMI converter and then another converter to go from HDMI to DVI. No other screen I have does VGA directly x.x . I do get the TC64 menu as well btw.

ljones