ACA1234 Upgrade License

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I am considering upgrading the speed of my ACA1234 from 33Mhz to 50Mhz. I ran some stress tests with AIBB and have unzipped a good amount of compressed files to RAM. Everything seems stable. Is there a stress test program that I can run for hours?

Also, how were the original chips binned? I didn’t think I needed the 50Mhz until I starting using a high resolution WB w/ 64 colors. Thanks!

• Is there a stress test program that I can run for hours?

I sometimes make myself a shell-script that packs the current boot drive into an LHA in RAM:, then test it, then delet it and start over. If that's stable over night, you can be sure that it's stable.

Another hint is the CPU mask itself: If that's a 0.8µm mask (F91C), you're absolutely safe. If it's a 1.0µm mask, you're also safe, and only if it's a 1.2µm mask, you'll experience instabilities. However, you're not just testing the CPU, but also the power supply, so be careful to draw conclusions before you've ruled out all possible causes of a crash.

Jens