DOM available separately for purchase?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hallo,

I recently purchased an A3000 with a 20th Anniversary Buddha (2017 version). What I unfortunately don't have is the DOM and any documentation. Are these available for purchase?

Many thanks,

David Wainwright

• These are exchange-only items, so if you want a new one, you need to send in your old/defective unit. Unfortunately, we don't have enough of them to offer them for sale.

Please turn to the seller of your card for a solution.

Jens

• I bought the computer with the Budda installed (but without the DOM). From what I've understood, the only place to get the drivers for the card to create a fresh install are from the DOM module. Is the DOM module the only source for the drivers? Otherwise, is my Budda Card useless without the DOM module?

The A3000 did come with a CF card connected to the Budda that will boot, but I want to create a fresh install on another CF Card.

Thanks,

David

• Is the DOM module the only source for the drivers?

If "drivers" is what you're after, then you don't need anything else, as drivers are in the flash ROM of the Buddha itself.

If it's the WB install data, this is licensed and therefore more expensive than an empty DOM. I can argue that if you're sending back a DOM that this is not a new license and not pay for a new license, but iIf you can't send back the old DOM with it's sticker, I'll have to charge you a lot more than what I would normally charge for a spare part in exchange.

If you have contact with the seller, it may be worth asking if he/she can find the DOM.

Jens

• Thanks for the reply.

Ok, I don't have a DOM and no means of getting it from the original seller. I do have licensed 3.1 Kickstart Roms and licensed WB 3.1 install floppies. Is this all I need? Sorry I would test it directly, but the A3000 is currently in a restoration process and in parts.

Thanks,

David

• I do have licensed 3.1 Kickstart Roms and licensed WB 3.1 install floppies. Is this all I need?

Then the Install DOM would only help you with 1.3 and 2.0 installations. Note that you can use the Buddha with the standard tools like HDToolbox or HDinsttools as well. It's a regular Amiga product :-)

Jens