AmiTCP Features?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I am wondering about the features of AmiTCP 4.

1. Does it support ipv6?

2. Does it support Silver Surfer?

3. Which drivers does comes with the purchases?

//MrSVCD

Ps. Why is this not listed on the shopping page?

• 1. Does it support ipv6?

No.

2. Does it support Silver Surfer?

The stack itself does, but the GUI doesn't. If you want to use SLIP/PPP or some other dialup connection (are these still available?), you need to configure the stack manually, using a text editor on the config files.

The real question should probably be "does Silversurfer work with AmiTCP", and the answer is yes. Key to this is that the silversurfer.device and the later replacement drivers from the VarIO package, both support the EOF mode that's required for interoperation of AmiTCP and Silversurfer.

3. Which drivers does comes with the purchases?

You are not paying for any drivers - they are included for convenience. We're including drivers for the old 10MBit X-Surf card, the new S-Surf-100 and X-Surf-500 cards, and in addition, the archive contains the cnet driver for A1200 PCMCIA networking cards, which is freely available on Aminet.

Why is this not listed on the shopping page?

To be honest, I don't see a need for dialup connections in the year 2024. You maybe have a different use case - let me know what that is!

Jens

• You are not paying for any drivers - they are included for convenience. We're including drivers for the old 10MBit X-Surf card, the new S-Surf-100 and X-Surf-500 cards, and in addition, the archive contains the cnet driver for A1200 PCMCIA networking cards, which is freely available on Aminet.

Minor correction: We are including the drivers for all X-Surf products in our "default" network package. On the ACA1234, the PCMCIA drivers cnet, cnet16 and 3c589 are included for convenience.

• My want is to use a null-modem cable to hook up my Amiga and use AmiGemini to browse the gemini protocol.

I agree that dialup is dead, in Europe at least, but using a null-modem is a cheap way to get on gemini.

For people like me that want to get AmiTCP for that purpose I would love to see which drivers are included.

• We have streamlined and stripped down the AmiTCPv4 package to ethernet use, and enhanced it with DHCP support and GUI instead.

SLIP, dialing, and PPP have been removed from the tools and documentation. But it's still the original AmiTCPv4. You could perhaps acquire an AmiTCPv4 license key with our package, and complement it with or use the AmiTCPv4 demo from Aminet, and use it according to the documentation provided with the demo. I'm not sure if this is a sound idea, and we certainly can't provide support for the parts which are not included.