Ati radeon strange behavior in a A4000 with AmigaOS 3.2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

i have a towerised Amiga 4000D along with mediator, csppc and a ZZ9000.

Since I upgraded to AmigaOS 3.2 I get a strange behavior with P96 and my Radeon gfx board.

If I leave the driver in Devs:monitors I get black screen at boot up, if I move it to the storage deawer it boots ok.

If I try to activate the driver double clicking on It chip ram goes to zero and the computer freezes.

How come? I have P96 3.3..2 and AmigaOS 3.2z

• Is this happening with both the ZZ9000 and the Radeon card? It's a bit strange to use two gfx boards in one computer - I'd remove one and see if that makes a difference.

P96 V3.3.2 is known-good with OS3.2, so that can't be it.

Jens

• well actually i have 3 GFX card in my amiga 4000...

ZZ9000 (i bought it to replace my good old Picasso IV that broke down suddenly), Voodoo 3 (for best 3d performance under amigaOS 3.9/3.2) and Ati Radeon (that i use with AmigaOS 4.1).

I alway had at least 2 Gfx card in my amiga 4000, at first they were PicassoIV and Voodoo 3.

The strangest thing is that before upgrading the roms there were no problems with Radeon under 3.9!

Ah my amiga 4000 has a 112mb Hack too.

• If it's tied directly with exchanging the ROM chips, can you return to a working state by going back to the older ROMs? Also, I wonder why you're buying new ROM chips if you have that much memory. OS3.2 does local ROM patches and works without the actual 3.2 ROMs.

Jens