A3000D eSATp project.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • My System:

My A3000D/T all I use are Kickstart 3.2. and Workbench OS 3.2.2 If you have older Kickstart ROMs you may need to upgrade to a new Kickstart. If you use the buddha IDE from icomp in the A3000D/T. The A4000 already have and IDE connector but it is used for master/salve, to add more IDE ports you need a buddha IDE I am just showing the hardware install. I don't have older ROMs and OS to tested on.

Tools & Parts

1. Screw drivers, two floppy power adapters.

2. The IDE to SATA adapter is indirection use the SATA connector that says to IDE => SATA HDD. The other SATA connector is to convert an IDE device (hard drive, CD/DVD drive) to SATA do not use this one. All the parts I bought on eBay and the buddha IDE board from icomp.

Amiga 3000D to eSATAp project.

look at the attached photos before continuing!

You need the buddha IDE adapter from icomp. The A3000D you must use an external SATA device. One IDE port of the buddha will go to the internal IDE hard drive.

The second IDE port you install the IDE2SATA adapter power it up using the proper Floppy power adapter. On the IDE to SATA adapter, you need to drill a small hole where the blank pin is on the connector so you can connect it to the buddha, use caution when drilling. Mount the SATA to eSATAp adapter with bracket to the A3000D, power it up using another Floppy power adapter. Connect a SATA cable from the IDE to SATA adapter marked (IDE => SATA HDD) to the eSATAp adapter you mounted, chose one and coverup the other with a piece of tape. Connect the eSATAp cable to the A3000D and the external CD/DVD R/W drive. Use the buddha CD install program to mount the CD/DVD. Do NOT install the jumper on the buddha.

The A3000T is the same installation, you need to use one buddha IDE port to the internal IDE HDD and CD/DVD drives one IDE cable with 3 female connectors and another cable with one female and one male connector to connect the drives.

• -Jens

I will be posting A1200 eSATA project shortly. It takes more to install the wiring and hardware in a tight spot. It works great and NO wires hanging out of the back of theA1200.