KeyrahV3 + pin header + led blinking

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I used the KeyrahV3 for several weeks, powering it through an external USB port. I decided to purchase a pin header for soldering. I performed the soldering, started the Pi, and everything worked correctly: the LED lit up, and the keyboard worked.

After a few minutes of gameplay, everything stopped working. I opened the case and noticed that the soldering had come off, so I proceeded to redo it. However, the Keyrah has stopped working: now the LED is blinking, and the keyboard no longer works.

Did I f.... the board? What does it mean that the LED is blinking?

• Depending on which way round you plug it, it's going to be the Power LED, or the NumLock LED. You can cross-check with a second keyboard connected to the same computer and see if there's any LED flashing in sync.

Where on the planet are you?

Jens

• ok I desoldered the 4 pin header, reconnected everything, and it started working again!!!

Now the keyboard works, and the LED stays on.

I must have done a poor soldering job that caused the issue. Now, I'm not sure if I should trust redoing it ^^^^^^

• Just for the records: blinking "power" LED means the device is "initializing", ie the USB devices are not up and running yet. You never see this in normal operation (it will only "blink" for a fraction of a second) :)