Sharing my ECS V2/V3 profile file with ECS V1 profile replicated and full 720x576 PAL and 720x480 NTSC Vsync profiles.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • So I was never happy with any of the profiles that came with the ECSV2/V3 config utility. I managed to create profiles for PAL and NTSC which are identical to what ECS V1 will output in 1:25 mode. for PAL it takes 720x576, scandoubles it and outputs at 62Hz with full overscan. And for NTSC it takes 720x480, scandoubles it and outputs it at 74Hz with full overscan. I have recreated how the ECS V1 outputs pretty much spot on. Monitor will switch to the same resolution/Hz and show the same picture the ECS V1 does. For my BenQ BL 702A it switches to 1024x600@62Hz for PAL and 848x480@74Hz for NTSC. Just like my ECS V1s. This will vary from monitor to monitor as to what resolution it 'guesses'. This is enabled as standard in this download to be compatible with pretty much any monitor for anyone who downloads it.

Also, I have proper PAL 720x576@50Hz Vsync on and NTSC 720x480@50Hz Vsync on added in this profile. These will show the perfect 1:1 picture with smooth scrolling if your monitor supports it. Like my DELL E1715S can handle this. It will even 'guess the correct resolution for both PAL and NTSC and output a perfect picture with perfect pattern. BenQ BL702A and BL912 will also handle this. But in NTSC it will 'guess' 640x480. Works fine with full overscan but the pattern is not perfect. For PAL it guesses the correct 720x576. But 1 in 30 times on coldboot it may guess the wrong resolution. To fix that just turn the screen off and on again. To enable these two, just disable the two PAL/NTSC ECSV1 profiles and enable these two.

Anyway, just thought I would share my profile.

ECS.v3_profile.7z