Lyra 3 A1200 + keyboard from A2000/3000

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I consider buying Lyra 3 A1200 adapter for connecting A2000/3000 keyboard to my A1200. I am aware of the solder jumper that must be closed for that purpose. However, it is not clear to me if the Lyra 3 package conatins the DIN connector or if I need to make my own DIN connection to Lyra 3 pins. If a custom connection is needed, can you please identify the pins location (clock, data, gnd, 5V)? Thank you.

• Lyra 3 for A1200 has a mini-DIN connector, as it's primarily a PS2 keyboard adapter.

A2000 and A3000 keyboards use a standard 5-Pin DIN connector. You'll need an adapter from DIN to mini-DIN to connect the keyboard. These are available in PC stores and online.

Jens

• Happy 2024 and thanks for the information. So the required adapter for Amiga 2000/3000 keyboard is DIN F (female) to PS2 M (male), right?

One more question (I guess the answer will be no, but I will try anyway) - is it possible to order Lyra 3 with the full jumper that would allow flexible switching between Amiga 2000/3000 keyboard pass mode and PC PS2 keyboard mode without any additional soldering? I am ready to pay extra fee for that :-)

• So the required adapter for Amiga 2000/3000 keyboard is DIN F (female) to PS2 M (male), right?

Correct.

is it possible to order Lyra 3 with the full jumper that would allow flexible switching between Amiga 2000/3000 keyboard pass mode and PC PS2 keyboard mode without any additional soldering?

That's not possible, as the mode is only checked during power-up of the Lyra3 controller. The pin is used as output during normal PS2 translation operation; it's a programmable output pin that can be used for switching power supplies on/off.

Jens

• It is clear that changing the jumper state is possible only when the power is shut down. Nevertheless, I would like to keep the possibility to select between the two configs without hard soldering. At the moment I have an A2000 keyboard, but I might need to connect a PC keyboard in future, or swap between them from time to time.

If you have no capacity to do such "custom" modification of the hardware, I understand that, but I just wanted to make sure if that's possible or not. Thanks.

• In theory, you can put a jumper there and remove that for a future change to a PS2 keyboard. However, the lever you'd be putting on the pads bears the risk of ripping them off just by trying to add/remove the jumper.

The amount of soldering you need to do is similar to adding such a jumper: Closing the jumper is not a permanent thing, but you can easily remove the connection by using solder wick.

Jens

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.