A600 Indivison MK2 Shows No More Than 4 Colours

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I bought A600 with Indivison MK2 card and I am quite happy with it. I connected Philips 17" crt monitor and image is nice and sharp.

Problem I have is it won't display more than 4 basic colours- white, black, blue and grey.

It does not matter how many colours I choose in ScreenMode and resolution, display will always be in 4 colours.

I have WB3.1 with BetterWB so I can have nicer icons.

Does anyone knows is it is Indivison card problem and if there is some solution? Some driver or something else?

Many thanks.

• I guess you're talking about Indivision ECS V2, not MK2, as the latter is an AGA product.

ECS computers have a "hard limit" of 4 colours on S-Hires screens, 16 colours on Hires screens and 32 colours on Lores screens. Indivision can't change that. It only converts to VGA, but does not add to the gfx capabilities of your Amiga.

Jens

• I guess you're talking about Indivision ECS V2, not MK2, as the latter is an AGA product.

ECS computers have a "hard limit" of 4 colours on S-Hires screens, 16 colours on Hires screens and 32 colours on Lores screens. Indivision can't change that. It only converts to VGA, but does not add to the gfx capabilities of your Amiga.

Jens

Thank you.

• If you use the package from Aminet HighGFXnmore.lha, then on the A600 you can use 16 colors at a resolution of 640x720 or 800x600. But for reasonable work at these resolutions a fast turbo card with a 020 33-40MHz or 030 50MHz processor is advisable :)

• If you use the package from Aminet HighGFXnmore.lha, then on the A600 you can use 16 colors at a resolution of 640x720 or 800x600. But for reasonable work at these resolutions a fast turbo card with a 020 33-40MHz or 030 50MHz processor is advisable :)

Looks like I will have to buy 030 accelerator:)

• The ACA600 is still on my list - just didn't get around to assembling the new prototype yet. The goal is to have either a low-cost memory expansion and Kickstart replacement for the 68000-based machine, and also give you all the choices that A1200 users have in terms of accelerators: I'm planning to make the whole range of ACA12xx accelerators fit inside the A600 case.

Jens