ACA 1211

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello, ihave a problem that has already been described here.

ACA 1211 does not work with PCMCIA slot card and blocks A1200, not is friendly.

Is there any service action or way/fix to repair it?.

Tomasz.

• This is a known problem with certain CF cards (not the adapters - it's really the cards). We so far only tested networking cards, and the ACA1211 is definitely PCMCIA-friendly to those.

For "unfriendly" CF cards, I still have introduction of a 7MByte mode on my todo list (keeping the $60.0000 to $9f.ffff area free of memory).

Jens

• No.

Ihave adapter PCMCIA with SD cards, no CF.

SD cards, 2gb, 4 gb, my 1200 and others too.

ACA 1211 with PCMCIA adapter cards for data transfer not work.

Tomasz.

• This adapter PCMCIA/SD working no problem with Vampire V2-1200, Warp 1260, Furia-A600.

None of these cards have memory in $60.0000, so that's expected. If you go for an ACA1234, you won't have trouble with that either - same with the ACA1240/1260.

I can give you an extended right of revocation if you want to return the card because of that. I won't be able to look into this before next year. Again, the really important stuff (=networking cards) works, as that does not occupy memory space, but only IO space, which is kept free by the ACA1211.

Jens

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.