Lyra 3 don’t want to enter the mode for the keyboard from Amiga

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have a Lyra 3 adapter in Amiga 1200, and I decided to try the mode for the Amiga keyboard. I cleaned the surface of the jumper contacts above the .de inscription with isopropyl alcohol and made a jumper by connecting them with a small piece of aluminum foil, secured with insulating tape. Unfortunately, only the caps light is on during the startup of the Amiga keyboard, and the keys do not work. However, the PC keyboard after shorting the jumper behaves the same as before shorting, it has the same key mapping and the shift+pause options work. I repeated the whole procedure 3 times. After clicking F7 on the PC keyboard, the tab changes to LAmiga-pause toggles jumper pin, but I press these combinations and nothing happens, I still have the same key mapping. Should I risk soldering? Did I mix up the jumper? Or is there something wrong with the firmware?

this is the picture of jumper:

https://zapodaj.net/plik-GlcnkzVcVB

• and made a jumper by connecting them with a small piece of aluminum foil, secured with insulating tape.

This won't work, and it may actually damage the chip on Lyra3: Your contraption may detect "PC keyboard" and drive the pin, and if you then short the connection, a "high" that the MCU outputs will be shorted, damaging the output driver. I have designed it to be a solder-jumper for a reason - it is not supposed to work as a temporary setting.

Unfortunately, only the caps light is on during the startup of the Amiga keyboard,

This indicates that it's having trouble extablishing "sync" with the Amiga.

However, the PC keyboard after shorting the jumper behaves the same as before shorting, it has the same key mapping and the shift+pause options work.

This shows that the connection with your aluminium foil contraption does not work.

Should I risk soldering?

Yes.

Did I mix up the jumper?

That's the right jumper. The other one is shorted by default and it gets power for Lyra and the keyboard. You only open it if you have a standby-power source and want to use the power pin to toggle a PSU on/off. Note that the Power-toggle pin is shared with the Amiga-keyboard selector. You cannot use the power toggle pin if you are using an Amiga keyboard.

Jens

• The keyboard from the Amiga 500, to which I soldered a plug myself, is probably dead because I connected it through a different PLCC socket and it reacted the same as with LYRA.

I am now waiting for a keyboard from CDTV, I will modify the cable and try to connect through LYRA.

Is there a possibility to solder a jumper that sends a reset signal from the case, or is it dangerous?

• Lyra3 for A1200 auto-detects the CTRL-A-A reset and translates that into a reset signal to the A1200. Why would you want to run an extra reset signal?

Jens