CD-ROM installation without DOM

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I want to install a Buddha (Anniv. Ed) as a CD-ROM controller in a new system. Unfortunately, I have misplaced the DOM and the driver package is only for the DOM. What can I do?

Thanks,

Pain

• That means that file size wouldn't be an issue. We are currently on the software for the new Buddha Plus One, and Timm will soon move from work on the ROM firmware to doing tweaks on the DOM installer. While in that process, he may be able to upload the CD installer in a different format to the WIki.

This might take a few days. Please understand that this is a bit outside the scope of normal support, as you don't have everything that was shipped with the product. We try to make products as complete as possible, so you don' thave to buy any additional gear for using them, but if parts get taken out of the equation without iComp being at fault, we can't handle such a case at top priority. There is a solution, and we'll help - it might just take a bit longer.

Jens

• That means that file size wouldn't be an issue. We are currently on the software for the new Buddha Plus One, and Timm will soon move from work on the ROM firmware to doing tweaks on the DOM installer. While in that process, he may be able to upload the CD installer in a different format to the WIki

This might take a few days. Please understand that this is a bit outside the scope of normal support, as you don't have everything that was shipped with the product. We try to make products as complete as possible, so you don' thave to buy any additional gear for using them, but if parts get taken out of the equation without iComp being at fault, we can't handle such a case at top priority. There is a solution, and we'll help - it might just take a bit longer.

Jens

Great. Thank you!