Product Improvement Suggestion Indivision AGA

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Possible product improvement idea:

HDMI output with embedded/multiplexed/injected audio from Paula.

I know there are devices which can take anaogue audio and embedd/multiplex (inject) this audio stream into a HDMI output, for example see here:

(link removed)

Would it be possible to add an option to any future Indivision that connected to Paula (vampire style) and injected/multiplexed/embedded the audio into the HDMI output?

Regards

Edited once, last by Jens: Link to external shop removed - we don't want to deal with the legal implications of posting links like that! ().

• HDMI output with embedded/multiplexed/injected audio from Paula.

Indiviaion AGA MK3 has that already. Just switch the feature on in the config tool. No need to get additional signals from Paula, as all DMA data also "flies by" the Lisa chip. We emulate audio in our FPGA purely digital.

Jens

• H ! My number #1 feature request would be... Freesync support :-) As it is virtually impossible to find a screen which supports tear-free 1080p display without double buffering, and now, all screens support Freesync. (I cannot stand the mouse lag with dbl buff enabled and need interpolation-free display ;-).

It is implemented for instance by the MiSTer FPGA project ;-)

:-) Apart from that, I looooove my Indy 3 ! :)

• It is implemented for instance by the MiSTer FPGA project ;-)

To my knowledge, Freesync is nothing more than the monitor truly reacting to the sync signals that come in and updating the panel just as the pixels come in. So if the monitor supports Freesync, it should work great with the "auto resolution" feature, which aims at lowest-possible lag.

I tried to get specific Freesync documentation back when the MK3 was in production, but could not find anything public. Did that change? Is there a document that describes the details of Freesync on a technical level?

Jens

• "Freesync is royalty-free and free to use. The HDMI implementation of the standard is known as HDMI Variable Refresh Rate, or VRR, and is only part of the HDMI 2.1 standard" ... finding that standard should be possible :)

• I have never experienced any noticeable mouse lag when using double buffering. And I’ve tried numerous monitors, including 1080p widescreens. In order to see any lag, I have to run certain games/demos with scrolling text. Even then the lag is minimal.

Unless you have some sort of superhuman perception, there may be something else going on that you are experiencing.

• Mouse lag is often introduced by USB mouse adapters. The problem with USB is that the protocol is slow, no competition to the speed and reaction time of PS2. This, added to the comb-effect of the mouse on interlaced screeens might make the effect that mahen is describing.

There's a reason why we're only making PS2 input devices: Micromys has unparalleled low-lag, and Lyra supports pressing any number of keys at the same time that the PS2 keyboard supports - both are perfectly suited for games. But hey, that's just me, I'm biased :-)

Jens

• Hmm, well, I tried several screens and several mice. I'm very surprised none of you did feel this lag :-)

ATM I use the new mouse tank. Definitely feel less lag when unticking the double buffering, hehe.

Okay, gonna try to pinpoint who implemented freesync on the MiSTer FPGA and will get back to you !