S Video (cable?) no colors

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I do not have colors when using s-video to scart cable. Checked with direct connection to TV and with external upscaler.

I assume is the cable matter (despite mine is new one, high quality).

Is a “special” cable/wiring required by mk2 to have right picture with s-video?

DIN works properly…

best regards

Kriss

• There is no such thing as "quality cables" on the market. Even if expensive, nice packing or name brand, none of them goes through a single-unit-test.

We actually use the S-Video out during QC of the C64 Relaoded (MK2) boards, so I can say for sure that colour output is OK on everything we deliver.

Jens

• Thanks guys for the explanation.

The fact is that the cable is new, upscaler also.

I do not have any other device that can use to check as an alternative…

is it possible that something in the console settings may have impact on this ?

• There are no settings that would affect this :)

A new cable being bad is not totally uncommon unfortunately...

Not sure what to do here... You can of course send the C64R to us for service - but if it then turns out to work fine and the cable was at fault, that might turn out a bit costly just to find that out :)

One thing that would be interesting to see - can you post the chip info from the remote menu? (see wiki on how to do this). And please also tell what exactly is written on your VICII (perhaps just post a close-up picture)

• Sounds a bit like the problem might be a connector that sits too lose on the S-Video out socket of the Reloaded board. I remember I had a cable once, where cutting some parts of the plastic covering of the S-Video connector was necessary to get good contact. Bad contact resulted in colours missing completely.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.