P96 reinstallation

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I got my copy of P96 and installed it successfully. Finally got a screen out from my Radeon card on an Elbox Mediator 4000D set.

Thought all was good until I rebooted. A4K hangs and goes in some loop, and never display screen. Not on native 15MHz nor the Radeon 31MHz VGA.

When I remove the Radeon tooltype from DEVS, it boots fine again. Uninstalled P96 to install it again but install script won't finish and throughs the attached COPYLIB error about line 3618.

Should be drivers copies to LIBS, so I deleted those and tried again, but the script throws the same error every time.

Got any ideas what to do?

• Hi and thanks,

After getting all on the drive backed up, I reinitialized drive and installation worked just fine.

Still one problem consists. After connecting the Radeon card in P96 prefs, restarted and changed screen mode in Amiga OS prefs to Radeon, I sure get a picture from the Radeon card. But as soon as I reboot, non of my screens (native 15mHz nor the Radeon 31mHz) shows any screen at all. Totally black screens.

If I remove the Radeon tooltype in Devs, I get a reboot to 15mHz again.

Any clue on what to do? I'll contact Elbox again, and see what they say as well.

Thanks/Hotblack

• That's probably kHz, not mHz (you wouldn't see a picture at millihertz horozontal frequency... :-))

This sounds like a screen promoter of some sort - please check your install. However, a user mentioned in this post that the Radeon driver doesn't work with the latest version of P96, so we have at least one more report that there are problems with the Radeon driver. Please note that the Elbox drivers are written by Elbox, and although they violated licensing terms back when Mediator was new, they created their own development terms for Mediator, not letting anyone else develop drivers for their hardware.

Best advice I can give you is to turn to Elbox for support. We could take a look at the tooltypes you've entered for the Radeon monitor as a last straw.

Jens

• Jens you nerd :)

Kilo, Mega, milli, who cares? But I'm happy you were able to sink to my level and got what I meant, hehe

I have connected back to Elbox a few days back, and they replied:

(To keep the Amiga-screen active, set P96 tooltype "DISPLAYCHAIN" to "No".)

That did not work, if they mean that the "tooltype" refers to the Radeon screen tooltype, in Devs.

Sending you the file they requested if their suggestion didn't work (sent them it today)

Cheers