ACE2b NTSC to PAL Rev 6 board

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • If i was to bridge the JP4 jumpers or solder a switch on Rev 6a with the ACEb will I be able to switch from NTSC to PAL mode? I'm running a pistorm with Caffine OS and when launching games via I game the bottom of the screen is cropped and cant see the entire game on my monitor

Cheers

Lou

• It would be easiest to force PAL globally in the whdload config file. 8375 NTSC cannot be switched to PAL via jumpers on the motherboard. ACA500/Plus can do it or via a tool booting from disk. That's why I suggest in your case to do it via whdload

• Thanks for the suggestion I'll look into that. So booting Degrader prior to launching I game wouldn't work on my board revision?

I would say just try it. But if you set PAL globally in the whdload bootfile and save it you don't need to boot the degrader. Don't know if your talking about the program called degrader or if it's the bootdisk that simply switches the machine between PAL/NTSC which should be linked somewhere in this forum.

• Yes - just make sure to remove the Vbb capacitor on the board, in case the PAL chip is a non-Vbb variant. Both work, but need the capacitor to be removed if it's currently assembled. If it's currently not populated, then a Vbb chip *may* exhibit blitter problems in rare cases.

Since you're using WHDload, you don't have to look for one of these expensive chips. It's really a software setting that saves you a lot of money.

Jens

• Jens, tried the software global settings on WHDLOAD and just got a black screen with no display. However it did play the audio correctly despite not displaying anything. If I was to bridge the JP4 jumpers or solder a switch (to toogle between both modes) on Rev 6a would that work on the ACE2b with the current NTSC Agnus?