Voodoo Banshee driver

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have found the Voodoo Banshee 16 MB card is cheaper than a voodoo3. In mediator it is reported as "tested"

As I intend to use this card in a Firebird daughter board, I would like to ask, I there is any experience so far.

Thank you.

• Please note that the Mediator drivers are maintained by Elbox, not by iComp. We don't even own a Mediator, and communication with Elbox is "more than difficult" for us (eMails are practically never answered).

If anyone else has experience, please share!

Jens

• I use a Voodoo 3 in Mediator and it works without issues with the latest P96 release. As the Banshee is using the same driver, I would expect it to work as well.

However, be warned that at least the Radeon driver seems not to work with recent P96 version, but maybe does using the ancient version from Aminet.

• However, be warned that at least the Radeon driver seems not to work with recent P96 version, but maybe does using the ancient version from Aminet.

Can you elaborate on this? Is this your own observation, an indication from Elbox, or did you read it in some other forum?

I can only encourage everyone to contact Elbox about updating the driver. I know it was written without actual development information from the P96 authors (Elbox never purchased the development kit/license), but that's not necessary any more these days, because I have opened up all development information when I bought P96. It's free in our Wiki, not even requiring registration to read it.

Elbox didn't renew their P96 license in a long time though, so they don't have legal access to the latest P96 version as of now...

Jens

• I tried the radeon driver using P96 3.3.3 and had issues I could not resolve. It seems, that the display is every other time not completely initialized during screen switches leading to color/palette errors. Other sources (AKA forum posts) report that the driver works when using version 2.1 with the limitations of using that old Picasso96 version. Just for the fun of it, I will go and complain ...

• All I can say is that the API did not change with 3.3.3 and later. If Elbox has half a developer left, he/she should find the cause fairly quickly by aligning their driver with the API description available in our Wiki (again, for free, without requiring a login, just free as in free beer).

Jens

• All I can say is that the API did not change with 3.3.3 and later. If Elbox has half a developer left, he/she should find the cause fairly quickly by aligning their driver with the API description available in our Wiki (again, for free, without requiring a login, just free as in free beer).

Jens

After the usual "did you do this and that" I sent them a very detailed description including screenshots of what happens in different scenarios and wait for feedback now ;) I also think this is probably easy to fix.