MK2 and HDMI Support

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have a MK2 that came with a DVI-I connector. I tried a DVI-I to HDMI external converter connected to Indivision's DVI-I but monitor did not detect any signal. I'm wondering if there is any way to get HDMI to work. Thanks in advance. MK2 working well with the Video Toaster's genlock.

I'm not clear if MK3 that has HDMI will work -- if I'm remembering correctly Toaster needs a CSYNC signal.

• The CSync signal for the Video toaster is generated by Alice. Indivision AGA MK2/MK3 don't have access to any sync signal, but have to look at chipset communication to know exactly when syncs happen.

DVI is forward-compatible with HDMI, so your passive adapter *should* work. However, if you have an output mode configured that has special requirements (such as 50Hz), you may get "signal out of range" or similar. You might want to play a little more with the MK2 config tool (which, admittedly, is way more complicated than the MK3 tool).

Jens

• Thanks a lot. The one that I got was "BENFEI DVI to HDMI, Bidirectional DVI (DVI-D) to HDMI Male to Female Adapter with Gold-Plated Cord 2 Pack" from Amazon -- will have to try the MK2 config tool some.

Thanks - so it sounds like MK3 also works with the Video Toaster.

• so it sounds like MK3 also works with the Video Toaster

Since we don't have a Toaster here, I can't test it, but the underlying tech is the same, so it's likely to work.

Do you still actively use the Toaster? Is there any need to sync to NTSC signals in the year 2023?

Jens

• I think there may be a few that could be using the Toaster -- seen some videos on YouTube. Also, I'm seen there is at least 1 other that is trying to use Toaster with the ZZ9000 (https://community.mnt.re/t/zz9…with-denise-adapter/626/7). I also have the ZZ9000 and can't get it to work with the Toaster.

I myself am not using it a lot but do like to use Lightwave and other Toaster programs once in awhile -- as with the Amiga in general it is hobby. I don't have the standalone version of Lightwave 5.x and so need to launch Toaster to get to it.