sound missing in ZXAM spectrum emulator

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • hoping someone knows a fix for the above, sound works on all my workbench stuff through hdmi and indeed in all the games ive ever tested except ZXAM spectrum emulator, the sound does however still come through with ZXAM if im connected speakers to the audio outs of the amiga. Anyone here know a fix ?

• If the author of that emulator is still around, we could ask him if there's something special he may have done to emulate audio. So far, lots of dirty tricks have worked for our Paula-implementation, but I don't claim it to be 100% perfect. Source code and/or description of what's being done would help, of course.

ZXAM is not in the list of programs we've tested. Before we attempt that, what makes this better than the (rather new) ZXLive emulator? Genuine question - I'm not a speccy person at all. And no, we didn't test ZXLive either, but the pretty recent upload indicates that we can ask the author if there's any trouble.

Jens