AGA mk3 installation on Hese's A4000TX motherboard

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I would like to install A4000D/CD32 Flicker-Fixer on an A4000TX motherboard. It seems that only A4000D/CD32 design should fit on it because only this design should be turned down where no collision happens. The A1200/A4000T type of Flicker-Fixer would be turned UP direction to accelerator port where is a collision with it.

Can you confirm please if the A4000D/CD32 Flicker-Fixer is correctly put on the LISA chip? If pin 1 of the Flicker-Fixer matches with the pin 1 on the A4000TX? I have drawn the situation 1:1 and put it to scalled (not good quality) photo approx. 1:1 too. The attached PDF is scalled also 1:1. The clearance between the accelerator PCB and motherboard is 17.4mm. So there is a space enough.

The only collision will be only with small PCB put on the CIA chip. I am not sure if I put it on the right of CIA chips. But it does not matter because wherever I place it it will collide.

And there is a second question now. Could you tell me please a schematic of the 4-pin connector which signal and where has to be routed to CIA chip?

After it I will speak with Hese for making a small modification to his A4000TX 1.1 motherboard and an adding of a 4-pin header for the cable from Flicker Fixer header connect it with CIA chip.

I hope I described it well. Thank you very much guys.

Daniel

• Can you confirm please if the A4000D/CD32 Flicker-Fixer is correctly put on the LISA chip?

Yes, your diagram appears to show the correct orientation (if the dot on the Lisa chip is correct - can't verify that). You should of course solder the Lisa chip directly to the board, ot use a socket!

Same for the CIA adapter.

The only collision will be only with small PCB put on the CIA chip. I am not sure if I put it on the right of CIA chips. But it does not matter because wherever I place it it will collide.

The CIA adapter only grabs four signals, which you can either get from other places of the board, or you can just cut off that part of the CIA adapter and solder the cables to the pins of the overhead-socket. After all, you're soldering a whole Amiga main board - a few extra wires should not cause too much trouble.

Jens

• It should be OK. When you see the picture A4000TX_1.1.jpg you can see the "triangular or tip" mark on the PCB. So I let to ressure it by the motherboard designer. Thank you.

• Same for the CIA adapter.

The CIA adapter only grabs four signals, which you can either get from other places of the board, or you can just cut off that part of the CIA adapter and solder the cables to the pins of the overhead-socket. After all, you're soldering a whole Amiga main board - a few extra wires should not cause too much trouble.

Jens

Can you only describe please which wire of the CIA adapter board belongs to exact pin of the CIA chip.

I only want to get rid of the small board with vertical 4-pin connector. Because it will collide when some accelerator board will be placed to the expansion connector.

A new release of the A4000TX could be designed with a small addition as a 4-pin header with traces going to straight to CIA chip and in a place around the accelerator to avoid of a collision with them. Finally someone can use only your 4-pin cable you delivered in the A4000D/CD32 Flicker-Fixer.

It means easy and clean installation with no soldering or wires to CIA ...

Thank you.

• Can you only describe please which wire of the CIA adapter board belongs to exact pin of the CIA chip.

That will be easy for you to see when you actually have the board in your hands. The four traces are on the solder side of the board.

A new release of the A4000TX could be designed with a small addition as a 4-pin header with traces going to straight to CIA chip and in a place around the accelerator to avoid of a collision with them.

That would be optimal, of course. The four signals are the two keyboard signals, left mouse button and Power LED.

Jens