Requesting C64 core Datel or Passport MIDI support

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Would it be possible to create an alternate C64 core build that has a different feature set? Do FPGA tools have something like a C++ preprocessor so you can create two builds from the same source with different features? For example, I wonder how many people really use dual emulated 1541 disk drives? I've never emulated more than one drive on my TC64, and having a second drive surely must take up a lot of FPGA space. Obviously I understand that you guys don't have unlimited free time to implement new features, but it would be nice if development of new C64 core features could continue rather than reaching a dead end due to lack of FPGA resources.

• The next thing we'll do on Chameleon is not to add new features and open yet another fork of things to maintain, but to fix known bugs. There's a CPU bug where an incoming IRQ that happens at the same time when the I-flag is cleared is causing wrong behaviour, and more that's described in the Wiki.

Jens