Using graffity driver for Fusion on the Indivision AGA MK3

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

New user here, installed the Indivision mk3 on my Amiga and is the coolest thing ever. Sharp screens and easy install amazing hardware!

Already updated my indivision firmware to the one included in the indivision tool to firmware 20210108.

Now one of the things that really attracted my attention is the possibility of using the Graffiti video driver on Fusion.

First tested the graffiti option on Nemac IV and Trapped2 and works fine the OSD from the Indivision detects the graffiti mode and all is OK.

The Mac emulator (fusion v3.2 ) supports 2 different drivers for Graffity grfrefresh & grfBLTrefresh.

There's an issue when I choose the graffiti driver in Fusion the emulator starts fine but the screen is garbled up, and the indivision doesn't show "graffiti" on the OSD like in the other software.

Maybe there's a way to get it to work?

• I have already mentioned this in this thread.

It's cool that I'm not the only one who would like to use this option in Mac emulation. Hopefully we'll get some info on progress towards a solution to this problem soon....

• Just curious, why would you want to emulate a Macintosh on your Amiga. Why wouldn’t you use a modern PC for this?

The issue with this line of thinking is that following it is why I could be interested in using a real Amiga when you can run an emulator on any random low-end PC and get a much better-emulated system.

Also, I think that the Mac emulator almost gets you to run MacOS natively on the Amiga (same CPU) and adds a lot of cool software games and apps to try and play.

For me being able to turn the Amiga into a Mac in the 90s was an amazing thing and graffiti support could make this much better.

• I have already mentioned this in this

It's cool that I'm not the only one who would like to use this option in Mac emulation. Hopefully we'll get some info on progress towards a solution to this problem soon....

Cool I see you got "better" results than me your screen only has the colors messed up.

• And have you looked at how it displays at your place with 2 colours set to black and white?

Because at my place the image seems to be ok.

Cool I see you got "better" results than me

And in the overscan settings you have it set that the X position is divisible by 8?

• We're currently focussing on the ACA1240/1260, but this problem is narrowed down to "Graffiti emulation on NTSC screens". If you can make the Mac emulator use a PAL screen, it'll work.

, but what must be divisible the size or the position?

position, as in this information

This might be a simple settings issue of the WB: Graffiti requires the source screen to be centered at an X-Position that is divisable by 8. This appears to be the case for your PAL settings

You may also upgrade your indi mk3, here test version firmware

• Upgraded to the last firmware but can't get it to work, the screen always look messed up and the indivision never says "graffiti" in the OSD when Fusion is running using the graffiti video driver.

For example, doom-attack is happy using 0,0 for the centering and others but in fusion no luck the emulator is using PAL mode.

• Well, because this firmware does not yet fix the indi emulation in Fusion. For the time being it will improve PAL operation for other games.

NTSC also improves a bit - but for everything (NTSC and Fusion) to work well we still have to wait....

And one more question: which driver are you using? because with me the grfBLTRefresh doesn't work, I get an error 80000004 and have to reset the Amiga....

• and the indivision never says "graffiti" in the OSD when Fusion is running using the graffiti video driver.

Please note that you need to switch on Graffiti support with the config tool first. It is switched off by default, because some games activate Graffiti mode, although they aren't written for it.

• Please note that you need to switch on Graffiti support with the config tool first. It is switched off by default, because some games activate Graffiti mode, although they aren't written for it.

Now I enabled the option in the config tool but the result is the same when fusion starts graffiti mode is not enabled and don't show in the OSD.

In games like doom nemac etc, graffiti was detected and worked even having the option disabled before in the control panel.

• I have the same drivers that show in your screenshot, grfbltrefresh and grfRefresh.

grfrefresh is the one I use for testing.

grfbltrefresh crashes fusion when starting if I choose it in the configuration.

• We haven't scheduled any time for tackling the NTSC-Graffiti problem. In the meantime, please use PAL modes - it's just an arbitrary name after all, as Indivision AGA MK3 outputs VGA/HDMI modes only.

Jens