Indivision AGA mk1 on A4000D - Zorro cards not shown

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello folks,

I recently got IndivisionAGA mk1 card for my Amiga 4000.

The card does seem to work; except for the fact that

after it has been installed, all my Zorro3 cards

(there are four of them; the first one being a Picasso IV)

stop working and disappear from the Early Bootup menu.

I'm not 100% sure; will have to re-check it, but the Indi

card is shown as two devices.

When I removed the card, all my Zorro cards work and

show up properly again.

• Indivision is on the Lisa socket. This has no connection to the Zorro part at all, and Indivision does not show in early startup either.

Whatever you see and experience, it's not caused by a properly-installed Indivision AGA for A4000.

Jens

• Yes, I think I had it installed properly,

I even connected the grounding wire to mobo.

Could this be a power/voltage problem...?

Im still using the original stock Psu,

but it did get checked and re-capped recently..

• PSU in an A4000D is strong enough for all sorts of expansions. Again, there is no logical connection between Indivision AGA and Zorro cards. Please take a picture if the installed hardware and post it here, this may shed some light on the situation.

Jens

(leaving the office now)

• Hello Jens,

My strange issue has been solved,

everything, including my Zorro cards,

is working now (except for my accidentally damaged Ratte switch's Cia adapter; so using my Ratte monitor switch will have to wait).

So I re-installed everything;

the only difference to my first unsuccessful attempt was the grounding point of the Indivision card;

I connected the grounding wire to a different place on the mobo.

So it may have been bad grounding.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.