A1200 RGB Video out while using MK3

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Is this possible? Can I use the RGB output of the video port on the 1200 while having the MK3 HDMI connected to a different monitor? I tried it and the got no signal out of the MK3 or the video RGB port. Granted, I was using a Retrotink Scart to HDMI adaptor instead of the OSSC. It seems like this worked for me at one time, but I may be having a senior moment :/

• Yes, the 23-pin RGB port stays active with Indivision AGA MK3 installed. If you have problems when connecting "something" to the 23-pin RGB port, it may be load on the H/V Sync lines that the Amiga confuses with a Genlock interface. If such a false detection happens, the computer does not start.

Make sure to switch on the device that you connect to the RGB port, and only then switch on the Amiga.

• Ok, thanks. I did have everything connected before switching on. I will try again. It may have been computer not starting since I could not see video on either monitor and I want to say it worked once before.

• Again - it's not the "connected" part, but the order in which you switch on: First switch on all accessories, and the Amiga should be last to be switched on. Your description of not seeing any video on any screen (computer not starting) fits the false detection of a Genlock.

Jens

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.