HIghest resolution on MK3 AGA

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Good morning,

I am considering purchasing an Arcooda monitor which is a true 4:3 monitor with 1600 x 1200 resolution. I am currently using my Indi MK3 @ 1080p, is there a way I can get 1600 x 1200, integer scaled?

Thank you!

• 1600x1200 is a very good panel resolution, but it won't let you use 1080p, as that's 1920x1080 pixels (totally useless for an Amiga is you ask me).

I love my old Samsung Syncmaster monitors with 1600x1200, as that's a perfect 4:3 ratio. Go for it, read out the available sync speeds with the config tool - and please report back if the monitor offers any 50Hz modes.

Jens

• 1600x1200 is a very good panel resolution, but it won't let you use 1080p, as that's 1920x1080 pixels (totally useless for an Amiga is you ask me).

I love my old Samsung Syncmaster monitors with 1600x1200, as that's a perfect 4:3 ratio. Go for it, read out the available sync speeds with the config tool - and please report back if the monitor offers any 50Hz modes.

Jens

Is the Samsung Syncmaster the 192MP?

• I've been buying defective Syncmaster 214T. They hardly show up on eBay and classifieds, but when they do, they are mostly defective. The repair is easily done, as the electrolytic caps in the PSU are standard parts. There's multiple pages out there describing the process; no need to repeat that here.

Nice thing about this model is that it also has an S-Video input in addition to VGA and DVI. It cannot handle HDMI signals with audio, so you need to switch that off in the config tool of your Indivision AGA MK3.

Jens

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.