Switching Screen Mode with MK3 installed

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I just received my new MK3 for A1200 (PAL). Installed (via HDMI) with no problem and it starts as expected into Workbench. Screen is better than previous RGB, however, In the product description it says "...all Amiga screen modes are supported and can be sent to a digital or analogue monitor". When I switch from PAL Hi Res mode (720x278) to PAL Super Hi Res mode (1400x278), my monitor behaves exactly as with RGB in that the screen jitters and is not correctly sized (meaning half of it is off screen.

Is this normal? I have large Icons and was hoping, as in Windows, to increase the resolution, thereby achieving a larger work area with smaller icons. My monitor is capable of 1920 x 1200 @ 60hz, not sure what it is at 50hz.

Using PAL Hi Res mode, Individual Computers splash screen shows Pre - 800x600|PAL, Pre 800x600|72Hz|VESA, H: 15.33kHz|1815, V: 50Hz|625|DVI

• - You should first try different VGA modes for output. While the default "Pre 1280x1024 60Hz VESA" should work, "EDID: 1280x720@50", which I received from the monitor, gives me a splendid picture.

- You can try scaling and panning in the main window's 'Test/Adjust' screen: When over the 'Adjustments' window, hold the right mouse button to scale, and the left mouse button to pan the display.

- The jitter may be a different topic. On one of my A1200s for example I have to set the checkmark 'CCKLine Pull-Up' in the Advanced settings section to get rid of display issues on some modes such as PAL SuperHires.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.