ACA500 without DisMo

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello.

I received an ACA500+ a long time ago, which was badly inserted into the Amiga.

It sat on a shelf for over two years. After looking at it, I found that the stabilizer, 9572 CPLD and DisMo are damaged.

I replaced everything except DisMo.

I have a question: will the ACA500 start without DisMo?

Unfortunately, I can't buy the STC chip.

I am asking for some suggestions to get ACA500+ to run.

I should add that it is from 2016.

Kind regards.

• This sounds like you have a card that was inserted the wrong way round: 9572 CPLD, STC chip and 74LS245 on the DisMo damaged is a "smoking gun" for user error.

It sat on a shelf for over two years. After looking at it, I found that the stabilizer, 9572 CPLD and DisMo are damaged.

I replaced everything except DisMo.

Replacing the 9572 CPLD won't fix it, as you need to program it. If you've just put on a new chip, it's empty and does nothing when powered.

I have a question: will the ACA500 start without DisMo?

You could make it work by grounding the ACK line, but that will only put the ACA500plus into de-brick mode, so you won't be able to use the menu.

Unfortunately, I can't buy the STC chip.

..and even if you'd find it, you don't have the code that goes into the chip. Same as with the Xilinx CPLD.

I am asking for some suggestions to get ACA500+ to run.

I should add that it is from 2016.

DisMos are the same for all ACA500plus, they only have different-size 7-segment displays. We do have spares, and we'll even have new "big DisMo" spares in a few weeks, which will be for sale as spares - these will have a different board colour (purple instead of black). Since they can be interchanged (Big DisMo can replace small DisMo and vice versa), you can make the card look new by going with a big DisMo.

Jens

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.