Real 2 button arcade stick or joystick for NES/Genesis cores.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello Chameleon users,
    does anyone could recommend me arcade stick or joystick for NES / Genesis cores?
    I mean, with two separate buttons capable of controlling any game requiring two button control.

I just don't like CDTV remote or joypads, want to experience real retro-gaming feeling... ;)
    Thanks.

• Of the multibutton arcade joysticks, recently I have used Immortal Joystick, Monster Joystick and X-Arcade Tankstick.

Immortal is top class, although pricey and limited availability. X-Arcade Tankstick is big, even more pricey and needs two adapters to work with TC64. Tanksticks original sticks diagonals aren't excellent, so I replaced those with other set years ago.

Monster Joystick is cheapest of those three, and comes as a kit. It is easy to assemble. While Monster is not as good as Immortal, it still uses Sanwa-parts, which means good joystick IMHO.

There are other alternatives too, which I haven't ever tried.

• Thanks a lot!
    Well, I don't know if it matters and maybe I should mention before, but I need those sticks to be fully playable in Chameleon's basic cartridge mode (plugged into my Commodore 64 DB9 joystick port), not in standalone mode (thru DB9 docking station's connectors).
    So, will they be still proper and work properly regarding this?

• To work in cartridge mode, ie joysticks plugged into the C64 joystick port, they must be wired like "C64 GS" joysticks - ie the extra buttons must be connected between POTX/Y and +5V. see http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/DE-9…2.2F3_Button_modification

This is different to what the joystick ports at the docking station require - those work like the joystick ports at the Amiga, ie the extra buttons must be connected between POTX/Y and GND (just like the regular fire button)

• Ah, and of course Tobias is right :)

I just tested anyway Immortal Joystick and Monster Joystick with C64-ports (cartridge mode). And no surprises here, both joysticks work with NES-core, but only as one button joystick.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.