Buddha (20th anniversary ed) bad?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • hello,

My system is an A4000 with a 060, 128mb on cpucard, MK3, X-Surf 100 with rapidroad.

300GB WD drive (a real one 😉) gotek as DF0.

When 3.2.1 is installed, the system boots with a short color screen followed by a dark screen and it keeps on rebooting (color/ dark).

If the computer is switched of and later on again, I get a guru.

With luck, the amiga will boot up from the gotek.

When I disconnect the Buddha, I can startup normaly only no IDE/harddrives.

I have another Buddha that does exactly the same.

When installing 3.1 (original escom roms) the buddha will boot but no drives are visable

If I then seek in .HDToolbox, I get the 300GB drive, and is it possible to partition it.

If the dom is placed and it will boot from it, (does not always work) the drive is visable, and it will try to install it, but get an error when formatting the BDH1:.

This is with al drives, both cards and both dom's.

Do I forget something?

• I wonder why you've bought the Buddha in the first place? The A4000 has IDE on-board where you should be able to connect your 300G harddrive.

Since it's a WD harddrive, it may have that decade-old WD Caviar bug that keeps the Buddha from working with any Caviar drive. Did you try a different drive?

• hi Jens,

Yes I tried more drives. Even a CF, a SATA 128 evo (with a adapter works in my 2000 with Buddha).

But what I see is when I try to boot without any drive connected, with kickstart 3.2.1, the 4000 stays in a boot loop. When disconnect the buddha, it wil boot normaly.

I tried it in my 2000 with vampire, and the buddha works okay.

Take the buddha from my 2000 into the 4000, the same problems occure . This will not happen with ks3.1

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.