Buddha 20th anniversary cf problems

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello

Have problem with board. CR ROM is working perfectly well, but buddhainstall gives error while trying to setup. Allows to read cf if setup is done via winuae once booted first time. After reboot gives non dos disks. If trying to reformat it just damages cf format. CDROMS always OK. What it could be. Many Thanks.

• If re-formatting destroys the drive, you are most likely using a card that's larger than 4G, which requires a proper 64-bit file system and will *only* work with "quick" format.

Explaining this would go well beyond normal customer support. For anything larger then 4G, please use the installer from the DOM. It will partition the card and use PFS3 which has proper 64-bit addressing. We cannot provide support for any installation that you may or may not have done correctly in an emulator.

• This is what i was trying to say, i have used installer from DOM. At one occasion i have chosen DOM instead of cf card. It has destroyed DOM so i can not even restore it. I have downloaded original installation disk from Your website, but it still does not work. While using software supplied it was returning “failed, internal error”message after automatic partitioning and applying PFS3 or FFS, However original software can see devises attached via ide cable. It just can not partition and format the disk. Strange situation is that cdrom is working ok. Used flashing software with latest firmware as well. It looks like it is working ok as well at i have “flash ok” message at the end. Any ideas?

• At one occasion i have chosen DOM instead of cf card. It has destroyed DOM so i can not even restore it.

It may not be "destroyed", but simply have a very low boot priority. Computer will not boot from DOM unless it's the only bootable device - that's intentional.

I have downloaded original installation disk from Your website, but it still does not work.

That's the 1997 install disk for CD drives only - not for harddisks.

Any ideas?

Please describe your exact setup with all other cards and potentially-bootable devices in the system. Also, the Kickstart version and available memory are most interesting - this may hint at where things went wrong.

• My setup is A500+ with Mattze’s xorro ii adapter and Buddha 20th aniversary. I have tried kickctarts 3.1, 2.06, 3.3.

Have original 68000 cpu as long as pistorm with emu68, tried both of them (original cpu with kick chips and emu68 with rom emulation.

At the beginning it was strange situation where DOM device was not appearing on the system randomly. After doing different setups i have chosen dom device accidentally and hit install, this is where i deleted it and can not restore it anymore. If there is a link to the copy of files, which are supposed to be on the dom device, i could restore them on another small partition on the virtual hd device and try it.
    Working cdrom point that ide is working, i’m just wondering if there could be the problem with cpld (nvram) chip? Is there any method/software to test this? If i’d get new cpld, is it just the case of swapping it and using flashtool?

Many Thanks

• Coincidently, there's a fresh support thread with another Buddha customer who thought he had deleted the DOM - we've put quite some time into bringing it back for him without having to ship the DOM over the pond. You can get the files from that support thread.

Before I commit to further support, please use the controller in a real Zorro machine. The adapter you're talking about is completely unbuffered and therefore unstable by design. It is impossible for us to provide support for a known-bad setup.

Further, the software is written for real 68k CPUs. We cannot guarantee it to work with an emulated CPU. Please use a genuine Motorola CPU - we cannot provide support for an accelerator that does not have a proper test suite.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.