AGA MK3 issues with testing

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I am trying to test few different modes with AGA MK3 on my A1200, however the system restarts the moment I hit the Test button.

Here you can find a video showing this:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvYBDs8IlmcXhaZAp-1Gyg-ciVz59g?e=YkGYLX

Also, as shown in the video, the utility mentions that no hardware found, although I am using it!

Any hints on these issues?

Thank you,

Dimitris

• Scaling down the video would have saved lots of time - it doesn't really contain 161MBytes of information.

Please describe the system: All expansions, all things that are connected with a cable, including power supply. We need to find out why the unit is not found by the tool in the first place - might be a simple contact problem (not completely pushed down).

• Hello Jens, this is a list with what's connected:

Internally:

1. SD2IDE adapter with SD card
    2. A1208 8 MB memory expansion
    3. AGA MK3

Externally:

1. HDMI cable (but with a converter to VGA, since this monitor does not have an HDMI connection)
    2. SDBox
    3. New power supply (link to unsuitable PSU removed)
    4. mouse

I should mention that otherwise the system runs smoothly, it's already on for about 5 hours today (although the part of the plastic case that is above the AGA MK3 is quite warm).

Thank you,

Dimitris

Edited once, last by Jens: Please do not link to other commercial pages, especially when they're offering things with false advertising! ().

• You're using a power supply that's not suitable for an Amiga. Please read our PSU FAQ and ideally, send it back and claim your money back for false advertising. Please use the original power supply for the time being - it's the only one on the market that does not violate the Commodore specifications, and it'll be strong enough for the setup you have.

I've seen that SDBox requires an external power supply. Please remove that thing completely unless you really need it. I have my doubts about USB chargers - they may introduce noise due to capacitors that they're using for EMI purposes.

If you remove SDBox and use the original power supply, do you still get the "hardware not found" message?

• Hello Jens,

Problem solved! The issue was that the AGA MK3 was not firmly attached to Denise. I pushed it even more and then a "click" was heard at its lower left part.

Now the AGA MK3 is recognized by the system and diagnostics run fine (with both old and new PSUs).

Thank you,

Dimitris

• Of course I meant Lisa.. (too many hours with my A500)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.