Indivision AGA Mk3 - Possible to do 15khz pass through?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi everyone,

Just had an Indivision AGA installed in an Amiga CD32. In my setup I have a multisync monitor connected by a HDMI to VGA converter. When using this monitor for gaming I wish to send the native Amiga 240p/288p 15khz signal down the HDMI wire, with just digitization applied but no upscaling or line doubling. Can I do this?

• You should be able to create an output VGA monitor mode that replicates the Amiga NTSC mode, then activate V-Sync to keep it in sync with the Amiga.

If we can make it a special "auto resolution" mode, that's something that pwsoft needs to look into. I remember that we discussed it during development, but I can't remember why we haven't implemented it. It may be the simple fact that the product is a frame rate converter, and what you're asking for is not a frame rate conversion :-)

• That's true but the ability to do this future proofs the device for when more sophisticated external scalers, like RetroTINK 4k, are launched.. while of course we still have the convenience of the built in scaling too.

I guess first I need to solve the issue with 640x480 though!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.