SD Card Compatibility Problem Reporting

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Funnily enough I have a Transcend 8GB card which looks exactly like that, and it's not reliable for me either. It's recognised but I have corruption problems with it. Maybe there's an unusually large number of counterfeits of that particular type?

(I have a few other Transcend cards which are fine, including a 16GB card which contains my main Minimig installation.)

• I have one of these too - and it works fine :)

The thing with SD cards is that it can be very random whats inside - which is why even the list in the wiki isn't of much use when looking for one that works (it can only tell which exact batches may be problematic)

• Transcend is usually OK, so my first question would be: Does it work in an SD-card reader on a PC, and does that have to be SDHC-rated?

Yes it works fine in my PC with SD card reader. I've had this SD card for some years and have used it in a number of devices, including Windows based PC. I even used Diskpart to 'Clean' and start from scratch, no change.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.