ACA500 + GottaGoFastRAM 8MB ?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Jens my apologies, the subject is misleading, I am using an ACA500 (not ACA500+) and I was asking about using GottaGoFastRAM with an ACA500

I assume the same issue applies to ACA500

• This might actually work, if you make some changes to the CPLD.

You could take the chance and fix an inherent problem of the GottaGoFastRAM expansion that I have just found, looking at their GitHub repo: They only refresh the memory when the CPU is actually running. The RAM does not get a refresh when the reset line is low, so it won't work with reset-resident software (or at least it'll be unreliable).

Key to making it work with the ACA500 is to:

- reduce Autoconfig size to 2MBytes

- only put 2MBytes to $20.0000

- map another 2MBytes to $60.0000 - this will be found by the ACA500 software, no need for Autoconfig or addmem.

Please understand that I won't be available for further support, as I'm really not here to support fixing bad open-source designs.

• If you fail with that GottaGoFastRAM, the ACA 1221lc would be a nice option for your ACA500 meob It's currently in stock aswell

I am using an older ACA 1221 (fully unlocked and overclocked) with my ACA500. Works really well

• thx for the tip Jens!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.