How do I reflash the Chameleon V2 to original factory fresh image?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I accidentally overwrote something on the cartridge and after applying the most recent beta image it appears that some items are missing from the cartridge. I am just getting into using the device after having had it for four or more years and I'd like to get back to the original image and start over but being far less clumsy.

Thank you.

• There is no reason to go back to the "factory" firmware really... its just a very old firmware, you really should use the current one instead.

What exactly is the problem?

• "bunch of kernel versions"? There is only one in the Firmware :)

You can always just "update" to an older version using any of the available updates from http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Chameleon#Updates - However, it'd be close to impossible to tell which was the version your chameleon was shipped with though, since that depends on when yours was manufactured (not bought).

I don't recommend this however, the updates will all do the same thing basically:

- flash a new core

- flash new menu system

- flash original kernal, basic, chargen, floppy roms (newer versions will allow to flash custom roms too, see manual)

- reset the settings

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.