ACA1233n on an Amiga 1200 and acatool

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I am trying to enable maprom via acatool on my ACA1233n and it just says "file cannot be loaded" like its expecting romfile= to exist, but I just want to map rom the internal ROM. Then if I dump my rom and add it with romfile=kick.rom it asks me if I want to reboot and I do and it just sits at a black screen forever. Not sure how to handle either situation.

Thanks.

• The GUI will normally write the correct commandline into startup-sequence, and this is a known-good procedure. Did you make any manual changes to the startup-sequence after using the GUI tool?

• I was about to write: "It doesn't expect the romfile option, just 'acatool maprom' should do. Do not use your internal ROM via the romfile option - only the internal ROM can be mapped without rebooting."

But oops, you're right! The standalone MAPROM option seems to be broken recently. Need to check this.

There haven't been significant changes for the ACA1233n for a while. For the time being you can use acatool 2.7 (attached) until we come up with a fix for newer versions.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.