ACA1233n and WHDLoad on Amiga 1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi everyone,

In general my Amiga runs just fine with the ACA1233n installed, however, when I try to run WHDLoad games I typically end up with either a blank screen or a glitched screen that flickers between vertical lines and a static-like pattern (see attached gif). This issue does not occur when running Amiga OS from the CF card in WinUAE -- it only happens in real hardware which leads me to believe that the issue is likely with the accelerator.

I've installed both ACAtool and ACA1233nLib.

Does anyone have some idea how to get this working?

System Specs:

A1200 1D4

ACA1233n-26

CF IDE Card adapter

D-Link DFE-670TXD PCMCIA Ethernet Card

Amiga OS 3.2 (with appropriate ROMs installed)

PSU = Keelog

• I've installed both ACAtool and ACA1233nLib.

Please only use "one or the other", but not both. If your card is supported (=found) by ACAtool, you can safely remove all other binaries that have been published for the ACA1233n before.

D-Link DFE-670TXD PCMCIA Ethernet Card

Make sure to go offline before launching a WHDload game.

PSU = Keelog

That is a known-bad PSU. It cviolates three out of three key specifications that Commodore has published. You should send that PSU back for a refund, as it's being sold with false advertising. Please read our PSU FAQ for more information.

Although I don't believe that the observed WHDload problem is caused by the PSU, you are putting your system in danger with this unsuitable PSU. You're better off using an original Commodore PSU and re-cap that, while you're waiting for the CA-PSU to be available again.

Make sure to go offline before launching a WHDload game.

Ah, that solved the problem! Thanks for the assistance.

I just went ahead and disabled the

That is a known-bad PSU. It cviolates three out of three key specifications that Commodore has published. You should send that PSU back for a refund, as it's being sold with false advertising. Please read our PSU FAQ for more information.

Good to know! I'll keep an eye out for when CA-PSU becomes available again.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.