ACA500plus installer (F7) sends me to Kickstart screen

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello, just set up my new ACA500plus today and it's been exciting! I have updated the menu firmware and installer using the zipped .adf files from the Firmware Wiki page. Now I am trying to use the OS 3.1 Auto Installer, but it seems that the process doesn't complete and then boots me into the standard Kickstart 3.1 screen.

Is there perhaps another step needed to prepare the CF Boot Card first? I was under the impression that the Installer itself would take care of the formatting/partitioning/etc., but I may have misunderstood.

Other items I can think of, for more background:

• card is 32GB Sandisk; my understanding is that the size being greater than 4GB is not an issue if one uses the Auto Installer
    • card has been used successfully in the Aux slot, in order to flash menu/Installer updates
    • I have 2 of these cards available and have tried both in the Boot slot
    • I was sure to power cycle before attempting the install
    • I installed an ACE2b as well (upgraded from OCS Agnus); it appears to be working as I have successfully switched between NTSC/PAL, and System Information shows 2048k Chip RAM
    • I have a Gotek in an external drive housing; I have been running .adf files on it without issue, using the DF:0 software override in the ACA500plus settings

Any insight is appreciated, and thank you so much for this great product!

• Thank you Jens, I re-downloaded and re-flashed the latest menu and installer updates, and it worked! I made a point of starting the process from the Installer menu with the Enter key on the main part of the keyboard rather than on the numeric keypad... not sure if that made any difference, but in any case I'm good to go.

Now it's on to WHDLoad 8)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.