Jtag cable for updating ACA1234 on Amiga 1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello Jens,

I bought an ACA1234 in november 21 (order N.107887). Now I see a few updates are available for my board (which is good in such a short time). However I'm probably not so enthusiast of needing a Jtag to parallel cable for updating the CPLD on my A1200. I'm wondering if you believe I might deserve a cable from you so that I can do it by myself or, alternatively, if you might suggest me a good place where to buy it. Consider it's the first time I would do this process.

thanks and regards,

Tanino

• Your card does not necessarily need the CPLD update - the memory bug is already fixed in yours, and the ACAtool should show that you have CPLD V2. The V3 version will only add iCache in chip ram, which is only required in corner cases, and in addition, requires soldering a wire to the board.

Flash updates are easy to install, just download the archives and follow the instructions. These don't require the V3 CPLD.

I'm happy to send you a JTAG cable, but the soldering job for the additional wire is something we can't do remotely. Best I can offer is to include the blue wire, cut to exact required length. If you pay for shipping, we can also do all the updates here - that would be the safest thing. Please mind our summer holidays: We won't be able to accept any parcel in the coming two weeks (see news item), so you should wait until mid-july with shipping the board back, should you take the offer of having the updates done here.

• Hello Jens,

Thanks for kind answer. Yes I would need the V3 for the icache in chip ram to be used on some of my favourite demos. I just need the cpld update as I don't have issues in soldering and I can continue the mod myself. However we could do the following. I think I need to ship to you for a check an indivision aga mk3 board which I bought and is still in warranty. The issue I have is that I get discontinuous video signal connection out of the hdmi port. The picture go off and come back after 10 seconds in intermittent way. I'm sure it is the board as I tested it on two different and working a1200, I used multiple HDMI cables as well as I used 3 different LCD hdmi screens and the problem persists. If you agree I could send you both the boards in the same package. Then you can fix the MK3 as well as just update the CPLD on the ACA1234. If it fits with you I will send you the packet after the holidays.

Thanks again for kind availability,

Tanino

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.