Great Gurianos and Athena don't work with TC64v1 standalone

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, couldn't get these two games work correctly:

-Great Gurianos (c) Elite/Hit-Pak 1987

Game doesn't recognize button press correctly, so can't start game at all.

Port 1 button works as F1-key, which shouldn't happen :) That key just changes amount of players.

Port 2 button doesn't do anything.

Game starts fine with Vice, button press on either port starts game.

Tried these cracks: Men At Work, The Worldwide Rulers

-Athena (c) Imagine 1987

This has been earlier reported to have heavy flickering in Fairlight's crack.

Same issue with Hokuto Force's crack and Triad's crack.

Tested with Turbo Chameleon v1 standalone, PAL, core Beta-9q

Cheers,

Pasi

• Please make sure to first check your settings: Many games require the "bog standard config" of C64 with single(!) floppy, but without turbo, without REU, without GeoRAM and so on.

Also, this sounds like you're using the Docking Station. Please confirm.

• Hi Jens, good point, I forgot that I tend to have always both REU and GeoRAM active. I switched those off, and now Great Gurianos works well. Weird that RAM-expansions caused that problem :)

Athena flickers still, but that was an already known bug.

And yes, I'm using Docking Station.

Cheers,

Pasi

• I am coming back to that Athena thing every now and then and still didnt manage to find out what the problem is....

the problem IS somehow related to the release/crack, that much i can say.... i found some that work ok

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.