My aca1233n died after installing RTC

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I bought an aca1233n back in november 2016. It has worked fine until today.
    Today i took out the card to connect a RTC clock. When starting my Amiga 1200 the screen was now black, and then "no signal" after a few seconds. I tried removing the rtc from the aca1233n but still the screen was black.

When removing the aca1233n my Amiga 1200 works.

I have also tried the aca1233 in another Amiga 1200. Same result, black screen then no signal.
    I have also tried with a Blizzard 1220/4 which works fine on both machines.

I have cleaned the connectors with electronic spray. I have also checked that all the pins look good.

Can you help me?

• Wow - haven't heard of a hobby-RTC killing an accelerator. There's always a "first" for anything I guess :-)

I do see that you've inserted the card below the guide that the case offers, so there's a chance that - given the wrong angle of the 150-pin connector - you've damaged a few pins of the connector, and the CPLD heating up is just a result of that.

We can do the repair in either case - CPLD, connector or both damaged is all "repairable", just at a different price. If you send it to us, please do NOT include the hobby-RTC. We will test it with a proper iComp RTC module. Don't forget to include a letter, so my employees know what to do with the card. More info for returns in this article.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.