Buddha Compact Flash Card limited problem

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have a problem with connecting CF cards.

The Buddha has two IDE slots but only one CF card will work.

When I plug in the CF card, Buddha Install is disabled and the program cannot be started.

Connecting an additional card has no effect. no matter which IDE it is in. The Buddha only sees one card.

I used two this same adapters and two this same 40pin cables.

The equipment is 100% good because it works interchangeably, but not together

• When I plug in the CF card, Buddha Install is disabled and the program cannot be started.

Looks like your CF card is blocking the bus. Please try a different one.

Connecting an additional card has no effect. no matter which IDE it is in. The Buddha only sees one card.

I used two this same adapters and two this same 40pin cables.

The equipment is 100% good because it works interchangeably, but not together

This sounds like you want to connect two CF cards to the same port - does your adapter support switching between Master and Slave? There should be a jumper.

• Yes, I have two separate double tapes and the adapter has a master and a slave, but I don't know how to connect it correctly.

• Please take a picture of your current setup - maybe we can spot something obvious. Please make an account for that in this forum - don't use external picture hosters.

• OKAY. I found it! The card is installed incorrectly by default because it gives ID2. You need to swap the card for the installation and get ID 0 for DOM. The installed new CF card in the software will get ID2. Then disconnect the karte DOM and connect the second CF card and CHANGE THE JUMPER TO OFF (Both J2/J3 MUST be to OFF). I no longer have access to BUDDHA INSTALLATION even from the System level, but everything works as it should. New cards must always be updated in HDTOOLSBOX buddhascsi.device. Done

• You need to swap the card for the installation and get ID 0 for DOM.

Errmm - why? The ID does not matter. Only thing I can imagine is that the CF card you're using has the "last disk bis" set - this will _of_course_ make the DOM invisible.

• I have no idea, but the two cards don't work differently. Just as I showed. Now I can insert and exchange any cards and everything works. The other way around is just like I said. The second CF card is not visible because it is impossible to install the first one. It is rather a problem of BUDDHA and DOM Installation. They set the ID and the last card. It is not possible to manually set the ID and termination. I checked on 4 CF cards.

• The second CF card is not visible because it is impossible to install the first one.

After connecting the second card, HDToolbox will show the first (!) one as "changed". Click "save changes to drive", and the second will be auto.mounted.

The "last disk bit" keeps the computer from scanning for more, in order to save time on a cold-start. It's been the Amiga way for over three decades :-)

• Sound like a card-specific thing. Many CF cards are not 100% ATA X3T9 compatible, but "barely" work as a single device on the bus.

Your observation that it works on the order "first DOM, then CF card", but not with "first CF card, then DOM" have a different cause, maybe something simple like the power jumper (you never showed a pictore of the CF card adapter). Note that the DOM that we include uses extremely low power when it's only reading, so it may even work if you don't have the power jumper closed for a specific port.

The power jumper is closed for the DOM on the second port, which might make the difference for your CF card adapter.

• Adapters are set to MASTER, i.e. jumpers are closed. As for BUDDHA, I followed the instructions. DOM Jumper closed CF jumper open. It could be a card issue (compatibility or something like that).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.