Lyra3 recently stopped working on my A2000

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Jens,

Keyboard entry on my A2000 stopped working last night. I use a PS/2 keyboard via Lyra3, because I don't have a real A2000 keyboard.

Just now, I tried the keyboard on an old PC. It works.

Is there anything that I can do as this point or simply just replace the Lyra3 with a new unit?

Thank-you.

• This may be a simple fuse that's blown in the A2000 - the front ports of the A2000 are fused (unlike other Amiga models), and it keeps causing trouble. So first thing: Can you see any LEDs switching on when you power on the A2000?

He have literally zero returns on Lyra - it's been on the market for well over 20 years and we yet have to have a real repair for these units. I have my doubts that you have a bad unit :-)

• Jens,

I looked up A2000 fuse repair on Youtube.

Indeed there is a fuse between the keyboard and left mouse port. But it does not seem to be present on my revision motherboard (4.4, patched to 4.5).

• It would help more if you looked at the keyboard LEDs when powering up: Any Light => there's power. That's all I'd like to know for a first step.

Lyra3 comes with a Mini-DIN connector, so you are most likely using some adapter. Please double-check if that adapter works fine, wiggle on all connectors.

• It would help more if you looked at the keyboard LEDs when powering up: Any Light => there's power. That's all I'd like to know for a first step.

Lyra3 comes with a Mini-DIN connector, so you are most likely using some adapter. Please double-check if that adapter works fine, wiggle on all connectors.

Jens, when I turn the computer on or insert the keyboard to the Lyra, the keyboard LEDs do flash.

Mini-DIN: wiggling it. I though the same thing. It does not help.

• OK, if the keyboard LEDs come up we have power. Now please watch the LEDs: After the power-up sequency (all on, then all off), do you see one LED coming up then? Can you change the state of the caps lock LED?

• OK, if the keyboard LEDs come up we have power. Now please watch the LEDs: After the power-up sequency (all on, then all off), do you see one LED coming up then? Can you change the state of the caps lock LED?

Jens,

No LED remains on after power-up. The caps lock LED is not operational.

• This means that the communication between keyboard and Lyra is not working - if you don't have a second keyboard to try, we'll have to take a look at it here.

• Jens, I'm placing an order for new Lyra.

I'm impatient and it's inexpensive.

I'm not even sure it's worth the trouble trying to fix the current one.

On the other hand, if I still have issues after I receive the replacement, I will re-examine this at that time.

Thank-you for your help.

• Jens,

I received the Lyra.

The item was listed as received damaged by Canada Post Tracking about 10 days ago. I was in shock.

When it got to me yesterday, the packaging was butchered... The package was wrapped in a plastic bag and the package within was wet and crumpled up. Fortunately, it was wrapped well and the innards were intact.

My Amiga is alive once again. Thank-you.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.