Buddha and Sylversurfer

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Greetings.

I recently bought a special edition Silversurfer from you and would like to clarify some doubts.

I have the Buddha connected to a Z IV, which clock port is more recommended, in the same Buddha or directly to the clock port 0 of the Z IV?

Will the device appear in the early startup?

I understand that the red wire of these devices connect to the outside of the Buddha, away from the Zorro connector.

I guess it's the one marked 1 on the Z IV.

I want to use the serial port with a Wacom tablet, in the driver the device can be easily configured, on the other hand I don't think I can use my MIDI device because the programs that I use seem to use only the original serial port because I can't find where to configure the type of device.

Thanks for your attention.

Greetings.

Eduard.

• I have the Buddha connected to a Z IV, which clock port is more recommended, in the same Buddha or directly to the clock port 0 of the Z IV?

Any clock port will work. The speed of the serial connection won't change.

Please mond that there is a "1" marking on the clock ports of the ZIV board, and that is NOT where the red marker of a cable will go. It is a common misconception that a clock port has a "pin one" - numbering on the clock port starts at 19, and ends at 40. The red marker of a cable for an iComp products goes to pin#40. So from a safety point of view, you should probably choose the Buddha clock port, as you have a nice picture in our Wiki that shows the correct orientation of the clock port cable. I believe we don't have that for the Z-IV board.

• Thank you very much. I'll try the Bhudda port at least until I find a Z IV schematic that says what that number 1 means.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Eduard.

• until I find a Z IV schematic that says what that number 1 means.

There is no public Z-IV schematic. The #1 designation really means #19. I was involved in that design back then; the idea of splitting the clock port into four was mine, but I didn't do the board design.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.